Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My First Post

I have always hated blogs. They always seemed to bring out the selfishness in people. For some people, the world revolves around them. A blog was just a digital reinforcement of this mindset. I'm coming around though. Surely, anything used for wrong can be used for right! God proves that with every catastrophe that occurs. That and I have a tendency to be cynical of fads...ahem.

So, my seminal blog. A couple caveats: I don't know my audience (and don't care). I usually only will post when I really have something to say; Nicole will probably handle the updates.

A couple items: we are auctioning the house. In many places, a real state auction is a signal that a person is desperate and must sell. An auction in our area doesn't necessarily mean that. It is more the norm with some people. Really, I am impatient to get on with God's mission for us. The transition has been hard and will continue to be hard. Any steps we take are a real good feeling. Such as selling the truck or tractor. I am an extremely inpatient person who when wants something, does as much as morally possible to make it happen. I feel I tried to stem this part of me by selling the house privately (in hopes of controlling the price of the house). Essentially trading greed for impatience. I should have just auctioned the house to begin with.

I would also like to take this blog to thank people that are really going out of their way to help us with our mission. My current company. They have been nothing but understanding and supportive. I'm not just talking about since I told them I'm leaving either. They have helped me grow in every aspect of my life from day one. It is refreshing to work somewhere that the president can open a company wide meeting with prayer. It is refreshing to hear business men talk about how every day they have interactions with people who might not know the Word and use their lot in life to connect with these people. To have the courage that they won't be persecuted/prosecuted in the process is motivating.
I would also like to thank my wonderful in-laws who have put up with the cellar dwellers for a very long time over the last couple years. They support us in every way they can.
Lastly, I'd like to thank Ryan and Lana. Surely, there is NO greater joy than seeing people come to Christ and growing in their faith. Not a sunset, no childbirth compares. After seeing the depths of Mans sin, seeing a person transformed and suddenly conscious of the real struggle of humanity, then gaining wisdom that can't be found on earth, then using that wisdom to challenge me and using love to encourage me to follow God. Putting their own time and effort to make this happen.
All three of these category of people could have put a roadblock up that very well could have stopped us. And for that, I am eternally thankful!

0 comments:

Post a Comment