Wednesday, January 7, 2009

2008

Hello blog readers. I really should do a roll call and find out who all reads this. :) I know people do, I just don't who, since no one comments. And please feel free to comment! I love reading them.

So I was planning on posting up a narrative about our year, but it was beginning to get really entirely too long, so I have decided to condense it to a bulleted list by month. Not as in depth as I might have liked to make it, but alot of the things I was going to say, has already been said here anyways. :) So here is our year in review.

January
- Welcomed the New Year here at home with some great friends
- Took the Jr. Highers to great retreat at Camp Luz
- Nate left for Bolivia
- Became lost in Lost :)

February
- Sophie had an inner ear infection. It was really scary when we didn't know what was wrong

March
- Took the Jr. Highers iceskating.
- We found out we were pregnant and miscarried about 10 days later. I'm pretty sure it was a chemical pregnancy, which means the fertilized egg near attached to the uterine wall. Regardless of the medical terms behind it, it was still devastating. We had been trying for over a year, and it was so disappointing and hard. We discovered the loss on Easter Sunday.
- The next morning we discovered the greatest peace we have ever felt. God was/is so very good to us. We started the healing process.

April
- Nothing much happened apparently. Jonathan turned 26.

May
- We visited the Pittsburgh Zoo
- Jonathan bought a dirt bike
- I attempted too much too soon on said bike and ended up with a handle bar to the throat and some very nice scrapes on the leg..
- We celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary
- I turned 26.

June
- Laura and I took the 8th graders to Cedar Point
- Vacationed in Florida. Wonderful, wonderful vacation.
- Nate and Aubyn were married!

July
- We prayed, thought, and fasted; and discerned that we were to move to Ireland. We thought right away.
- House was put on the market
- Went camping with great friends in Hocking Hills.

August
- Sold the truck and had a garage sale
- Moved to my parents

September
- Ohlen turned 2!
- Laura left for India
- Hurricane Ike left his mark with Nate and Aubyn and here as well.
- Found out we were pregnant again!!
- Went sailing on Lake Erie

October
- Had first OB appointment, got to see a tiny beating heart!
- Realized that we just may have had our time frame for Ireland wrong.
- Moved back in to our house.

November
- I visited Nate and Aubyn in Texas

December
- Had a great Christmas season
- Hosted a New Years party to welcome in 2009

2008 was such a great year. I think Jonathan and I really did alot of growing when it comes to our trust in God. We really tried to follow his lead this year. We still, obviously, have alot to learn, but I think we're moving in the right direction. We also did some really fun things this year, and I hope to continue them! I think I was afraid that after we had Ohlen we wouldn't get to do all the fun things anymore, or at least until he was older, but that isn't the case. :)

Here's to 2009 and to learning more and growing more. And to all the fun that this year is sure to hold! We already know of a couple babies and at least one wedding that will happen and that is exciting!

1 comment:

  1. You keep commenting on my blog, now I guess I should return the favor! :) Amen to growing in trusting God. I think we've been on the same track as far as that goes...still so much more to learn. But I guess if we'd have it all figured out, we'd be God (scary thought, eh?)

    ReplyDelete