Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Milestones of sorts

Two milestones of sorts this week.

Less than 10 weeks to go until this little girl comes.  (I can say that pretty confidently as they usually say they won't let me go past my due date.)  It always seems like a big deal when the week count goes down to a single digit.  (Today is actually 9 weeks and 5 days, counts right?)  If she is like Noah, though, I could only have about 6 and 1/2 weeks.  At this moment that sounds a whole lot better than 10.  I'm starting to feel really off balance and clumsy, not to mention all the weight gain and dwelling on the task of losing it.  I have good days and bad days about that whole issue.  Let's just say today is not a good day.  One of those days when you want to just go to bed to get the day over with.  The frustrating part is that it has nothing to do with anyone else, it's all self inflicted craziness.  BUT - even as I sit here I can feel this little girl moving all around and it does give me a sense of confidence and determination to be a good role model for her. (and the boys too)  Plus, I want to be able to be active with them.  I want to live a long and healthy life with my amazing husband.  I just know I have a long road ahead - and one that I'm going to have to be going down my whole life.  I'm not one that will be able to lose it all, and then slack off - because it will all come back. It is going to take a complete life style makeover that will have to stick - and that is daunting, and days like this it seems to come crashing down on me.  I know I need to lean on God for this.  I sometimes forget, He cares about this stuff too.  And I think He wants me to be all healthy too.

Ok, on to something more fun.  Another milestone here at our house.

Ohlen has ditched the training wheels!!!

I try very hard to not be the boastful, bragging parent.  But I have to tell this story.  And know that he does not get his balance, determination, fearlessness from me.  He is about 95% his daddy.  :)

So, Saturday afternoon Ohlen decides he wants to try to take his training wheels off.  I thought this was more of a daddy job - especially when mommy is 30 weeks pregnant - but Ohlen was pretty determined.  So out we went.  I took the training wheels off and headed to the grass.  It was a little mushy from some rain, so it wasn't going too well.  I was trying to hold onto the back, but it was hard for him to pedal on the grass - and I was having a bit of trouble with the whole bending and running.  So I told Ohlen we should wait until daddy gets home.  He again insisted that he try on the gravel drive.  So we go over and I try one time to hold on to the bike, definitely not working.  So Ohlen says he will do it by himself.  So he takes his bike to the very end of the drive - and rides it to the garage!  I couldn't help myself -I was just laughing.  Have you ever just had to laugh out of pure joy?  The happiness is so great it just bubbles out?  He was too - laughing the whole way.  And that was the end of my intervention.  From there on, he was riding.  Sure he has taken some falls and spills - but, yeah, so proud of my little boy.

Now the pictures - I hadn't even thought to take my camera out right away - but this was just a little later.  I so should have forced him to do a posed big smile picture.  Maybe I can get one of him swinging a hammer at his training wheels - or throwing them in the trash. :)  He would probably like that.






Had to throw in a random Noah picture.  He can't reach the pedals on his tricycle yet, poor guy, he just needs to shoot up a little more. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Ohlen!! And baby 3 is on her way :) Praying for you today - seems like life is never easy [and for some reason I just keep waiting for it to 'get easy'] Perhaps life isn't easy here for the same reason fish don't do well on dry land - it isn't there true home :) Thankfully we are sent those moments of joy and laughter!!

    ReplyDelete