Saturday, August 2, 2008

Ireland Blog Take 1

Welcome to the new shiny blog. :) I hope to keep everyone updated on our plans and then later, news from Ireland. The plan is to load the blog up with pictures and videos. Maybe I'll even be able to convince Jonathan to do some posting as well... Ryan, you might have to do some convincing too.

So, I figure the most appropriate start to this blog would be to explain a little about this adventure we are about to take part in. I'll try to make it a short story, but it really isn't a quick tale, but I'll try.

Basically ever since Jonathan and I started dating we talked about so many different places that would be cool to live. We even talked seriously about moving to some different places. Some of them were Canada, Montana, Florida, Germany, Scotland, North Ohio, and now Ireland. Some of those weren't very serious discussions, well most weren't, obviously, since we didn't move. So I guess the idea of moving out of the area hasn't been far from our mind. Not that we don't like it here, we really do, but we just have a pull/call to go elsewhere. Which leads to this particular idea which culminated into a plan.

In June we went to Florida. While we were there Jonathan had zero allergies, which he has been battling pretty bad up here in Ohio. So he started thinking about moving. He was so miserable when we got back. The first thing he mentioned to me was a link about moving to Germany. I was against that, simply because I am afraid of the language barrier. I speak close to no German. So we started talking about some English speaking countries and we decided on Ireland. At this point I was pretty sure that this was just like all the other times and after a few days the talk would fizzle and we would just keep going in our little comfort bubble that we have formed. But that wasn't to be. Jonathan really started praying about it all. He fasted. And after several days, was more excited about it than before, which is a huge sign. Usually his excitement fizzles in a few days. He very much felt that God was leading us to Ireland. We don't know why, but He is. It's really hard sometimes to tell people that, especially since we aren't going for missions; it feels like we should have more of an explanation. But really the biggest reason we are going is that we have discerned that this is God's will for us right now.

I am excited. The first couple days I was pretty overwhelmed, now I'm excited. I think it has been opposite for Jonathan; he's still excited, but I think it is starting to get a little overwhelming for him. I'm glad we don't feel too overwhelmed at the same time, that would be rough. :)

So where are we in our plans?

This weekend we had a huge garage sale. We didn't have too much business, but we sold alot of our bigger items, which is great.

We sold our refrigerator, so we are now living at my parent's house again.

The house has been on the market for a week. We have had a little interest, but not a whole lot.

All our plans hinge on the sale of the house. After that, we can move forward full force. I actually hope it will be a couple months, because Ohlen still needs a passport, and I need to renew mine. Who knows how long that will take.

Well this post is already too long, so I will go. I will post soon about other pressing questions, like, What about the wieners??? :) Also, we still have the older couch/chair/ottomon, piano, and stove for sale if anyone is interested. :) Oh and the truck, van, bike, and tractor. Feel free to leave questions to answer. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment