Thursday, December 31, 2009

On to a New Year

I'm not the kind of person who usually makes resolutions for the new year, but this year I might make an exception. I need a kick start in a variety of different ways. Exercise and eating healthy, of course. Spiritually - definitely. Managing Time - absolutely. So I'm going to try a few new things. For example, one of my goals is to make a vegetable at every meal. Why is it so hard to get vegetables in my diet? Well, besides the fact that I don't care for too many of them. :)

I think one way I can achieve some head way in those areas is to make specific goals. A friend on Facebook mentioned something about it in a status update, and it really got me thinking. I don't really make concrete goals for myself. So I think my first order of business in 2010 will be to make an actual list of goals I want to achieve and in how much time. And post it somewhere I will see it often. (Maybe above Noah's changing table - ha! :))

Now for something completely different...

I got my prize in the mail!! I love it all. It's the best kitchen equipment I've ever had. Stainless steel measuring cups and spoons. A really nice silicon spatula. A large whisk. Silicon pastry brush. Stainless steel rolling pin that can be filled with cold water to reduce sticking. A large batter bowl (that I can't wait to use to make pancakes tomorrow morning). A really nice pastry cutter. (Is that the right name??) Anyways - here is a picture. Thanks Apartment Therapy!!


So far I've used the measuring cups and spoons and the spatula. Like them alot. I used the spatula to brown hamburger - it is quite counter intuitive to use rubbery seeming tools in a hot pan... but it worked. :)

Hope you all have a wonderful and safe New Year's!

0 comments:

Post a Comment