Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Blog Hop - Favorite Recipe

So this week's Hop is another Recipe hop.

My current favorite recipe isn't for something to be eaten. It's all about playtime. It seems that every time my son plays with Play-Doh there is always less and less of it. So I found this recipe online somewhere (Wish I could remember where to give credit to someone, but I really have no idea). He loves playing with it!

Homemade Play-doh

2 c flour
2 c warm water
1 c salt
2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 Tbsp Cream of Tartar
Food coloring

Mix all, except food coloring, and stir over low heat. Dough will begin to thicken. Cook until dough pulls away from sides and isn't sticky. ** Make sure that the whole ball of dough is cooked, otherwise the play-doh does turn out a little sticky**
Turn dough onto clean counter and kneed vigorously until smooth. Divide for coloring **I usually make three different balls** Make a hole in the center of each ball and add food coloring. Experiment with different dye mixes to get some fun colors. :) Work dough until the dye is worked through the whole ball of dough. ** If you are me... this can get really messy...**



MckLinky Blog Hop

3 comments:

  1. play doh... those were the days! Also - love the new pics and the 11/12! Only when you're little do those fractions count so much :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just hoppin' with Mcklinky! My mom used to make this for me when I was a kid, but I lost the recipe. Thanks for posting it and now I can make it for my 3 year old son.
    Blessings, Jen at Oils For Wellness

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI.

    I came from the Mcklinky.

    I have a recipe that is super awesome and you use kool-aid with it! It's the best and so easy to do!

    Breitbach05@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete