Thursday, August 6, 2009

Family

Last weekend we spent every day at Jonathan's grandma/uncle's place for a family camp out. Ohlen slept with his grandpa in a camper all weekend, while Jonathan, Noah, and I came home. We had a great time and were completely exhausted at the end of the weekend. I think we were all still recovering on Monday.

Jonathan made the comment that he wished all families could have the kind of weekend we did, and I couldn't agree more. While we aren't all super close, or hang out all the time - I think we all had a great time. There were lots of laughs, and lots of good conversation. It was so much fun to see the members of the newest Troyer generation playing together.

I overheard a cousin saying their dream is to have family - like Grandma does. I have really been thinking about that lately. It's no secret to most people I talk to that the newborn stage is not our most favorite stage that our kids go through. So there are times, especially now, that I wonder why we want to add more. Then I remember. It's all about having a big family. To grow old with my husband watching our children grow into adults and start having families of their own. To hold our grandkids. To host large get togethers where we can watch them all interact and laugh together. It's what I've always wanted.

Not that we are just trudging through these younger years. Most of the time I love it. And sometimes there are bad days, and sometimes I'm afraid I am scaring our friends currently without kids. :) But the good times heavily out weigh the bad times. Those little gummy smiles and coos can cure just about any form of the bluhs. And the things that can come out of an almost 3 year olds mouth... priceless. These are the days. I wouldn't trade my life for anyone's.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Nicole... you are so right. At each stage, they are a blessing. Family gatherings, seeing everyone together, knowing that it is a special bond, is a treasure.

    It sounds like you had a wonderful time and believe me...those little years go by much too quickly.

    ReplyDelete