Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Management

Lately I have had two things weighing heavily on my mind (well more than 2, but these 2 are the ones I want to talk about). Time management and Weight management. Both have alluded me time and time again. They both take will power and discipline.

Weight management is something I have struggled with since I went off to a college that has basically the best food of most all colleges. (I'm not kidding.) There were tons of choices, and always a very well stocked Dessert corner. Plus, there was a well stocked vending machine in our dorm that housed my roommate's and my new favorite candy bar - Reeses Fast Break. And then add in the late night Taco Bell or Papa John's run and there in spells quite a lot of weight gain in two years. (The next two years I lived off campus since I was married.) There was less food consumption and more focus on exercise - so I actually did lose some weight then. I was on a fairly good path, although I was working at a factory with very well stocked vending machines, and a very large sweet tooth. Then I went and had a baby. Wonderful in most all ways, except for weight management. I didn't quite lose it all - ok not even close, when I had baby #2. Since then I've gotten more serious. I did a program for 90 days. I got down to pre baby #2 weight - which is good, but I need more work. The program I did is more of a muscle focused program - and most of the research I've done since suggests that women really should lose the extra weight before doing that program. Our bodies, because of lower testosterone levels, don't build muscle and burn fat at the same time very well. So I just started a new 6 week program that is focused on weight loss. Now I just have to make sure that I curb my eating habits to match up with the exercise. It's harder than I would have thought. It's so easy to grab a cookie or other not healthy food item when you are home all day. arg. But I'm trying very hard. I'll let you know how the 6 weeks go. Any suggestions or advice??

Then there's Time management. It is so easy to lose a day doing not much of anything. Ok well, other than making meals and bottles, which actually takes up more time than I would have thought. :) There are so many things that I would like to get done, but I don't. It's frustrating. I need some tips/ suggestions - how do you manage your time? Stay accountable with what you do during the day (or evening)? I have thought about keeping a tight schedule at least for a few days to see how it goes. It would have to have some flexibility of course, I do have 2 kids, and that in and of itself calls for being flexible. But just a nice guideline so I can be more productive. I am horribly behind on a project that should have been done over a month ago, I have Christmas projects I want to get done sooner rather than later. I did finish Ohlen's Halloween costume this morning, which was nice. I'm hoping to start fresh next week and try to get this time thing under control.

Oh and how do you like the new blog header? It isn't perfect, but I like it. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment