Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Super Spicy Sunday Supper

One of my favorite meals to make is an Asian type dish. I don't know that there is really anything authentically Asian about it, but it reminds me of the Americanized versions. It's sort of a stir fry type dish. Anyways, here's what I do.

"Asian" Chicken

Rice or Noodles
1 chicken breast
Vegetable or Olive Oil
Various Vegetables - Sunday I used:
-1/4 onion chopped
- peas
- 1/2 green pepper sliced
- baby carrots - cut into 1/4ths
- 4 chili peppers
Various spices - What I used Sunday
- Garlic Powder
-Hot Madras Curry Powder
- Garam Masala
- Black Pepper
- Salt
- Cloves
Soy Sauce
Spiracha Hot Chili Sauce (optional - well really, everything in this recipe is optional)

Yeah, there aren't very many measurements - it's all about making it to your tastes. In this occasion I added way too much of the Chili Sauce - I couldn't finish mine, it was too hot for me. I usually go light on the Garlic and Salt and focus more on the other spices. Not sure if I like having the carrots in there - I would probably do broccoli, but the men in my house don't really care for it. Anyways on to the rest of the "recipe"

Prepare the rice or noodles.
But some oil in a skillet. Throw in the vegetables. Defrost chicken if you need to. Add Soy sauce and spices to vegetables. Cook until cooked through. Remove vegetables from pan. Place chicken on skillet. Cook until browned, flip and repeat. Either removing chicken, or doing it right in the pan - cut chicken into small chunks. Add some more spices if desired. Cook until chicken is cooked through. Add the vegetables back to the skillet. Let cook together for a few minutes. Add the Chili Sauce. Serve over rice or noodles.

Here is the result from Sunday night.

Like I said, it turned out entirely too spicy for my liking. And I didn't even try to put the Chili Sauce on for Ohlen - I took his portion out before I added it.

2 comments:

  1. YUMM - I love Spiracha - I drooled just a little loøking at the picture in this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was my first experience with it. :) I really like it, I just got a little carried about with it... :)

    ReplyDelete