Monday, February 1, 2010

So Much to Do

Sorry for the lack of a Favorite this Friday - I'm planning on posting one tomorrow....errr later today... It was a fun filled weekend with some friends from out of town. There was an extra little one in the house, which was fun. :) And then more friends were over tonight to celebrate a friend's birthday - much fun. More babies in the house - most excellent.

Things are starting to get busy around here. So much for a little winter hibernation. I've got a few things simmering that I hope to take off soon.

MCC (Mennonite Central Committee - when you go to a Mennonite church you soon realize that there are acronyms for just about ever committee there is - probably acronyms for acronyms...) Anyways... MCC put some fliers in our bulletins a week or so ago that they will be collecting items for relief kits as well as comforters. They need everything by Feb. 28th. They are supposed to be Twin sized. I'm hoping to get one made. This needs to start tomorrow. (After I do our taxes... and hit up the local antiques store...)

Then there is the laundry room that will become a guest bedroom and small work area for me. That is on a far back burner.

I bought fabric on Saturday to use in a quilt-a-long. It's late and I don't want to run around for links, so I'll post more about this soon.

Starting to get the gardening bug - I have big plans for our garden this year.

Then there is the big one. This is brand new, as in today, errr.... yesterday I guess. There is a good chance that Jonathan and I will be going on a 10 day mission trip this summer. I have been praying for a chance to go on a trip like this for a long time. And that it would be good timing to leave the kids. It seems to be at a great time. Plus, we aren't currently pregnant, which adds to the great timing. (God does know what He's doing doesn't He Nicole... how quickly I can forget.) And even if pregnancy happens soon, it shouldn't hinder my going. As soon as I am for sure that it is going to happen I will share more. We need to figure out logistics for care for the boys while we are gone. Really, I am doubting that it will be a problem.

Plus there are several on going projects that I would like to finish... comforters for the boys, some pj pants I didn't finish for Christmas, a bag for Ohlen's animals, painting our bathroom, possibly painting other rooms in the house, weight loss/healthy living, the list goes on and on.

I'm hoping to keep my sanity, we'll see how that goes...






ps - I didn't proof read this thing and it's about 1230am, so please excuse any horrible spelling/ grammar/ mistypes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment