Friday, October 29, 2010

Quilt Festival


 A friend of mine blogged about the Quilting Festival, and I thought it looked like fun.

This is definitely not a new quilt.  It was started about 3 years ago.  It is special to me though, because it was the first quilt I ever attempted.  The first time I ever pieced anything.  The first time I had to figure everything out.  I didn't have great "gear" for the project either, but overall it went well.  It took over one level of our house for quite some time as it was slowly quilted.  I had quilted before, but never had taken on a whole quilt by myself.  And the kicker - it wasn't just any quilt, it was going to be a wedding present for my little brother and his wonderful wife to be. 

So, the picture of Ohlen has nothing to do with the quilt, but look how little he was! :)  He was the ring bearer at the wedding. And a picture of Nathan and Aubyn at their beautiful wedding, the inspiration for the whole thing.  Did I mention they are expecting their first baby - in January - I'm going to be an aunt!

I loved the whole process.  I love making quilts.  I just need to find those extra hours to do it.  And the extra money to buy all the fabrics.  :) 

If you like quilts - head on over to the Quilt Festival and check out all the quilts - and add your own to the mix too. :)


Amy's Creative Side - Blogger's Quilt Festival

15 comments:

  1. Amazing work, congratulations:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty quilt! So glad you decided to share it - I don't know if I ever saw it all put together or not. Time certainly does fly, doesn't it! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. I assume there will be another quilt for the new baby?

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your quilt! great job! I didn't know you are going to be an aunt! how exciting! I am loving my first few hours of being an aunt right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous quilt. Love the color combination.
    Congrats on the soon to be new addition to the extended family :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a great first quilt! That is a really big project to take on--all the sashing and matching intersections. You did a terrific job. Lucky brother! Thanks for sharing your quilt's story :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW - this is beautiful!! What a great story to go with it - and now, you'll need to make a baby quilt, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome wedding gift. You did a fabulous job. Your little man sure looked dapper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess you'll be making a baby quilt soon too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous quilt. I love the colours. I bet your brother and SIL were thrilled with it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's the perfect gift! Love the design and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job on your first quilt! Is it all hand quilted?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks everyone. And yes, it is completely hand quilted. :) I had lots of great help.

    ReplyDelete
  14. great quilt and so nicely done! the lucky couple who got it surely must love it. thanks for sharing and have a great day

    ReplyDelete