Friday, November 5, 2010

June


This is a single shot of Lov.enox, a blood thinner.
If you see these around the house it could mean a few things, I've either had a major surgery (I haven't), I'm getting over a blood clot (I'm not), or I'm pregnant (ding ding ding!!)

I have a couple mutations that make me more susceptible to getting a blood clot during and after pregnancy, plus there is also a risk of there being blood clots in the placenta and umbilical cord. (At least as far as I understand.)  So each time I am pregnant I have to inject myself with a shot of blood thinner daily.  It really is not too bad.  And the payoff is so worth it.  There is always the question about whether it is really helping, since I've never had blood clotting problems - but I'd rather not test the theory.

Right now I'm just about 8 weeks along.  My current due date is June 19th.  We're over the moon! :)  

I'm also feeling horrible.  lol  I feel really good generally before breakfast and after supper.  The time in between though, is one tired, nauseous blur of a day.  All I want to do is lay on the couch.  But that is kind of hard with 2 little ones running around.  So ready to be out of the first trimester.  So glad it is over half over already. :)  I try not to complain too loudly though, because I know there are women that vomit daily during the first trimester (and beyond) and that would just be horrible.  So I'm so glad that that is not the case. 

So now this site will probably be peppered with pregnancy news here and there.  And there will be some project completions soon.  I finally started some work on the comforters I'm making.  And really those shouldn't take a whole lot of time, it's just being in the "mood" to do something (anything!)  

4 comments:

  1. so excited for you guys!!! [really I am and was after I got your email - things are just crazy stressful around here and it makes me an even worse friend!] praying for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!! How exciting! I'm so happy for you guys:) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEHE!!!! I'm so excited to be pregnant with you!! Hooray for cousins so close in age!! Praying for a healthy, growing baby and a non-nauseous, energetic mommy!! Love you lots!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sooooo excited for you! Spring baby's are the best you know ;-)

    ReplyDelete