Saturday, July 9, 2011

New Place

As requested I am finally posting some pictures from our move - and of our new place.

Moving day went really well.  We started around 8am - and everything was moved over by 1030.  We had lots of wonderful people helping.  I wish the boxes would have unpacked themselves as quickly.  :)

Living Room - the door leads to a big storage closet.

Back the hallway - on the left - closet, nursery, Boys  - Master at the end of the hallway - Bathroom on the right

One of the wonderful women that came and helped clean all the dry wall dust the night before moving day.

Another wonderful woman - this is in the entrance room - Living room through the arch - Kitchen through entrance to the left.

Entrance room at the old house, night before moving.

Katherine chilling on moving day in the new kitchen by the new dishwasher.


Living room getting filled up with stuff.  Door in the back leads to the Guest Bedroom/Exercise Room/ Extra room for whatever needs a home.

Nursery, which has also become a home for the desk and one of our chairs.  Katherine says she doesn't mind.

Master Bedroom.


A special thanks to my mom and Jonathan's aunt for unpacking my kitchen.  And to Jonathan's uncle and cousins for setting up the boys' bunk beds.  I spent most of my energy on getting the boys' room ready.  They were gone for the weekend, and I wanted their room to be unpacked and ready for them to move in.




Now - 3 weeks later, things are starting to get into place.  I've hung a few pictures, and most of the boxes are unpacked.  There are a few big things that need to be done inside, but not too much yet.  I'll post pictures of the furnished and somewhat decorated house later.

New house from the front.  Jonathan built those front steps.
Favorite parts of the house so far - Our new neighbors, TREES!!, hearing the birds, cooking with gas (loving this much more than I thought I would), new refrigerator.  I do miss our old neighbors.  This house has more storage areas and probably just about the same amount of space. (We have tons more room in our master bathroom than we did before.  It's so nice.) but it isn't broken up.  I'm not sure if I do or don't like it yet.  It definitely isn't as quiet in the house as it was before - not that it was really quiet.  But it IS nice to not have to go up and down stairs.  The dogs are especially enjoying that part.

0 comments:

Post a Comment