Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Blog Hop - Art

This week's Blog Hop is all about art. I don't really draw or paint, but I like to make things with fabric. This is the first (and only - so far) bed size quilt I've done. It was a gift for my brother and his wife for their wedding. I love piecing. The quilting part was fun too, but it took me quite awhile. Although, I had lots of wonderful help to get the quilting done. I love quilting with others, it's a very calming activity.













MckLinky Blog Hop

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this quilt - it turned out so beautifully! They sure are lucky to have a sister like you :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful quilt! You did an amazing job! I love the colors.

    I have a number of unfinished ones...one of which was started when our oldest started undergrad (she is now in her last year of dental school) and I still have it in sections! hm...it may have to be a future baby quilt, instead :o)

    Thank goodness my mom was a great quilter and so each of the grandkids were blessed with a special quilt before she passed away.

    Blessings & Aloha!

    Your little guys are adorable... Have you made quilts for them?

    ReplyDelete