Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Recipe Catch Up and Spring!



I have a few recipes to share. 3 of them I made over a month ago... I just found the pictures and realized that I hadn't posted about them yet. And instead of typing out the recipes here, I'll just post the links to where I found the recipe. I'm pretty sure I followed these pretty close to what was in the original. (Then again, it has been a month...)


The first is Faux Thin Mints.  This is the one recipe where I really wanted to do some tweaking.  They turned out alright, but there was something missing.  And to tell the truth these pictures were taken before I was completely done.  I actually ended up putting more chocolate on top.  I think some of the first things I would try differently would be to completely coat the cookie in chocolate - and use semi sweet chocolate instead of milk chocolate, and maybe add a bit more sugar to the dough mix, and bake them longer than I did.



Second we have the Homemade Oreos.  These really deserve a post of their own.  They were wonderful.  The frosting for the middle will certainly be seen in my kitchen again.  Probably on top of someone's first birthday cake...  Also, definitely check out the rest of the blog where this recipe was found - I have found many good recipes there.















Third is another round of Banana "Ice cream"  I added some frozen blue berries, raspberries, and cranberries to the mix. (Not too many, or it won't get creamy.)  Also, if you let everything thaw just a bit it makes blending it up into a cream easier.






Last is the newest one I've tried, Homemade Cheddar Crackers.  They didn't turn out like I had hoped, but they tasted great.  I think I needed to roll mine out thinner, and I didn't use the flour it called for, so that might have been an issue.  My crackers were not very crunchy at all.  However, they did get the stamp of approval from my husband and oldest son - so that's success in my book. :)






Now that spring is here it feels like there is so much more to do:  Start the garden, work in the flower beds, keep up with the Quilt A Long, several trips, spending lots of time playing outside with the boys, hanging laundry outside, taking walks, running outside, Grilling!! (hope to try a bunch of new recipes to go with our new grill), spring cleaning, the list could just go on and on. It should be a great spring!











2 comments:

  1. Dear Nicole, please remember that it is diet season as we head into summer and bathing suit season. Therefore, you should stop posting pictures of delicious food and recipes on your blog that are way too tempting!

    just kidding - they look great! i may have to try those oreos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, why is it that all the great recipes I've been seeing are all for sugary, diet killing things? boo :)

    ReplyDelete