Sunday, June 13, 2010

Favorites Weekend

This week I'm featuring my favorite North American* vacation spots.
*I added this clarification because, once I started thinking about it, I realized that there are other places I would consider favorites, but they are all over the ocean. 



#1 Anna Maria Island, FL
We have been here twice.  One time was at a friend's grandparent's winter home, and the other we rented a condo.  Both very close to the beach.  And speaking of the beach!  It is beautiful.  White sand, not crowded at all, wonderful sunsets.  I love the smell of the ocean - and I really wish we could make it down this year.  Maybe next year!



#2 Lake Nipissing Ontario, Canada
This was our family vacation spot for most of my childhood.  I haven't been back in over 4 years, and I really miss it.  It wasn't your typical vacation.  We would get up super early to go out and fish, come back and eat a wonderful brunch, nap/read/munch, early supper, then back out on the lake until dusk.  We stayed in a fully furnished cabin, made all of our own meals, and just really spent some quality time as a family.  It was also nice that we never had to worry about taking nice clothes along. :)

1 comment: