Thursday, December 16, 2010

Cut Outs


Cut Outs, originally uploaded by mal1017.

We made some cut out cookies yesterday and frosted today. I decided to try out something new, and I think it turned out pretty well.

I mixed some jam in with the butter cream frosting. Mmmmm I had done this for a cake filling before, with red raspberry jam and frosting, and it turned out wonderful. This time I used what I had on hand - black raspberry jam. I think it turned out wonderful too.

My frosting recipe:

Butter
Powdered Sugar
Vanilla
Milk

Yeah... I just wing it with the measurements. I know I used a cup of butter, lots of powdered sugar.... probably at least a pound... Just a bit of milk, and a tsp of vanilla.

Blend it all together - taste it - add what it needs to taste better... Really just trial and error. I've never had to throw away frosting because it was bad... just because I may have made too much.

For the jam mix - I had about a cup of frosting and added a spoonful of jam - but really, this is just whatever suits your taste - don't think you can go wrong with it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment