Monday, February 21, 2011

Applesauce to the Rescue!

So, Friday night we had some people over and I really wanted to make some sort of sweet.  I thought brownies would be great, especially the recipe I used here.  I did use the original recipe, not the one with Nutella.  (Speaking of, I just bought a very large jar. Yum.)  But when I went to gather my ingredients I realized I was out of eggs.  So I did a quick internet research and came up with, what I was hoping, would be a great alternative.



Applesauce.  I have lots of that on hand.  Or at least I did - our stash is pretty much half gone.

Anyways.

I substituted 1/4 C Applesauce per egg.  I also increased the baking powder by a bit.

The brownies turned out great.  The guys all enjoyed them.

Then tonight I started to make some corn muffins.  Again... no eggs.  Again grabbed the applesauce.  These also turned out great, well as long as you like sweet tasting corn muffins.  I would probably decrease the sugar if I used applesauce in these again.

FYI: The Applesauce I used was homemade applesauce with no added sugar.  Although I'm sure any other applesauce would work too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment