Thursday, February 17, 2011

One Down!

I actually accomplished something on my To Do List!!

I needed this to be done by next week - and it really only took me several hours today to accomplish.  It's definitely not a professional job by any means, but it gets the job done, and doesn't look too bad - especially if you don't look real close. :)

Before: It really doesn't look that bad in the picture... but it was pretty dirty and stained.

After:


Edited for more info that I forgot to include the first time.
I didn't use a pattern or anything, I really just laid the original seat over the fabric and cut out what I thought would fit.  I was close at some points.  Then I just folded it over the edge and sewed all around the edge.  I had to do some folding and tucking around the seat area - nothing too daunting.  I also sewed in a few places to try and hold them together so they didn't get all bunchy.  I cut the holes for the straps and then just hand sewed around the openings - probably not the best for longevity, but it will be ok for now.  I also had to do some hand stitching around some of the bottom because I couldn't just sew through because a bar needed to be there.  (I know it doesn't make much sense, but just trust me.) :)  All in all, a pretty simple project.  Like I said - not done the best - and it probably won't last super long - but it will definitely hold up for the few days we need it next week.

1 comment:

  1. Love the fabric choice - what a trendy stroller you have now! I love when a project goes from your head into real life - and it actually works out!

    ReplyDelete