Friday, March 11, 2011

Birdie Block of the Month


Well, this is where I'm at. 12 blocks, ready to have tops and bottoms pinned and sewn on.  

I had to do a little fixing on those strips.  The corners were not even remotely close.  They were all over.  So I either didn't measure all the squares correctly - or didn't pay close enough attention when sewing the squares together.  In any event, it was a pretty easy fix, involving measuring to find the off sets of squares and sewing them so they were the right size.  Now they are all ironed, again, and ready to go.  

Meanwhile, the rest of the group has already worked on the embroidery for 3 blocks.  Oh well, I'll just have to play some catch up.  I actually have a few embroidery projects that I would like to get done.  I thought I would do some practice before I hit these squares.

You can find out more about the Birdie Stitches Block of the Month here.

1 comment:

  1. Really liking the fabric choice - can't wait to see those birdies come to life :)

    ReplyDelete