Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful

I think sometimes we forget in the hustle and bustle of Thanksgiving to actually think about being thankful. Well, at least I know I have done that in the past. So today I'm going to list some of the things I'm thankful for, feel free to add what you are thankful for in the comments section. :)

1. My God - for his ever present plan for our lives, for giving us life, for so many more things

Could we with ink the oceans fill,
And were the skies of parchment made,
Were every stalk on earth a quill,
And every man a scribe by trade,
To write the love of God above
Would drain the oceans dry;
Nor could the scroll contain the whole,
Though stretched from sky to sky.
- From the song The Love of God

2. My husband - We've been married 6 and 1/2 years now, wow has time flown by. I'm thankful for his support, his companionship, his wit, his humor, his way with Ohlen, and his love. Oh and all the money he saves us by doing all sorts of things around the house himself, like car maintenance.

3. My Ohlen - He is 2 already! I'm thankful for his laughs, his tickles, the way he kept looking at me and giggling when I came home from Texas, the way he constantly gets me to work on my patience :), his inventiveness, his humor, and his love.

4. My Little One - I'm thankful for seeing his or her heartbeat, for the every so often flutter that may be from the baby, for the promise of a new life in our home, for the morning sickness stopping :), and for someday knowing that I will feel this baby's love. :)

5. My Family - All of them - they make me happy :)

6. My Friends - You know who you are - and I love you!

7. My Weiner Dogs - I'm thankful for the nice warm heaters when I want to take a nice cozy nap on the couch, or when I want to sit and read. I'm thankful for all the entertainment they provide, and how absolutely wonderful they are with Ohlen.

8. Maternal Fetal Medicine and Dr. Schmotzer (hemotologist) at Aultman - MFM is filled with very effecient and extremely nice people. I have found that usually if you are fast, it takes out of the friendliness, but not so here. I love being there for all my baby appointments and so glad they will be taking care of everything again. And I'm especially thankful for the 1 minute wait I usually have there to get in the room and to see a doctor, I don't even know why they put magazines around. Dr. Schmotzer - without him, I don't know if any of my pregnancies would end well. He takes care to make sure my blood is nice and able to unclot so I don't get a blood clot. He is a wondeful, caring doctor (although his wait time is much much longer, but I forgive him.) and I am very thankful for his care.

9. The less important things - snow, hot tea, honey, Christmas trees, Christmas shopping, short waits at Dr.'s office, The Muppet Movie (the only thing Ohlen actually likes to watch), Robert Jordan and his Wheel of Time series, cheap plane tickets that allow us to visit far off family :), clean water, Christmas music, having the mechanical skills to put desks together :), the zoo

1 comment:

  1. I love that hymn. And that verse is Christie Benner's favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete