Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Time in Texas, New Car, Today's Appointment

I had such a great time in Texas with Nate and Aubyn. We went out to eat, saw Bolt in 3D, went to the zoo, went to the beach, and played Blockus. I got to see their place and where they hang out, I got to meet some of Nate's coworkers, and I got to go with them to their church. It was a really great time. I was ready to be home, but at the same time it felt like my time there was way too short. It was pretty warm there too. Probably in the 60s most of the time, but I was happy to come home to the snow. :)

While I was away we got our new car. Well it's not new, but just new for us. I never thought we would ever own an SUV, but here we are. I drove it today, and I like it. It will mostly be Jonathan's work car, or at least that is the plan for now. It has a sweet lumbar control, which is pretty much awesome. It makes me think I could drive it for long periods of time.

Today I had a doctor's appointment. To be honest, I was really nervous about this one. I just had this awful feeling. I didn't have any reason to have that feeling, at all, but nonetheless, it was there. So I did the normal routine stuff, found out I've gained only 1 pound so far, yay. Then the Dr. came in to listen to the heartbeat. He tried for about 15-30 seconds with the doppler. I don't know if I looked really nervous or he was just in a hurry, but he was like, well let's just do this the quick and dirty way. So he fired up this little sonogram machine they have right there, and I got to SEE the baby again. He pointed and said, see right there, that's the heart beating - I didn't see anything moving at all, but he's the Dr. he knows. :) I could make out a body and a head. It was very cool and now I'm feeling so much better. The heart rate was at about 130 so you can use that information to try and guess the gender if you would like. I can't remember if it is a faster one for a boy or a girl... I just know that scientific, it isn't. :)

Oh and then I got my flu shot. I never had one before. It really didn't hurt going in, but MY GOODNESS. About 15 minutes later it felt like someone ran a truck into my arm. Crazy. Now it doesn't hurt all that much again. So that's good.

Today was just a really good day, besides the appointment, I had lunch with Heidi, got to listen to Christmas music in the car with heated seats and lumbar control, got to go Christmas shopping, and got a letter from Laura!!! Oh and also got a short visit from Jeremy and Lacey tonight, which is a nice bonus. :) The only bad spot of the day is that my throat is hurting. :( Hopefully it doesn't escalate into anything.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment