Friday, August 6, 2010

The Colombia Post

Finally - it's only been 3 weeks since we got back...

Colombia was amazing.  We met so many people and had some great experiences.  We learned some of the history of the country.  We heard about the wonderful things people are doing.  About all the wonderful ministries they are starting.  We swapped stories.  We played soccer together.  We worshiped together.





We heard their vision for the future.  We saw the hope they have.  We felt the passion they have for God and for telling others about Him, and spreading His message.



We witnessed the beauty of the country.  We saw things many will never see. 




The whole trip was just amazing.  I was pushed to the limits of my comfort zone and came out the other side more confident with myself.  I missed my little boys immensely, but it was definitely worth it.  I will never forget the stories we heard and the people we met. 

Now comes the challenge.

What on earth do I do with everything we experienced?  How do I use this new knowledge?  I don't want this trip to just be a nice trip we took one summer.  I definitely can see a very large change in my thinking on certain topics.  I was pretty naive about many things before I left. 

I want these changes to stay.

0 comments:

Post a Comment