Sunday, August 15, 2010

Jogging Tip 3

Use the right gear for you.

Jogging is great in that, really, you don't need anything except for a good pair of shoes.  And actually, you might not even need that - (google bare foot running sometime.)  But there other little things that help make it more enjoyable - at least for me.  I have my shoes, which I've already talked about here.  I still love them. In fact, they were the only shoes (minus a pair of flip flops) that I took to Colombia.

Light.  I run in the early morning, so I just recently bought a head lamp.  The first one I bought was cheap and only turned on half the time, so I took it back and got a new one.  I haven't actually used it yet and it seems a little chunkier than I would have liked, but I think it will do fine.  I need some kind of light - especially as the days get shorter.

Music Player and Headphones:  I use my phone to play music while I run.  It also keeps track of my route, how long I run, and how fast I go.

Arm Band:  I just recently bought a nicer arm band for my phone.  It's great.  Before I was using a phone holder from a backpack that had a loop in the back.  I put a handkerchief through the loop and tied it around my arm.  Resourceful - yes, Comfortable - not so much.

And that is all.  There are many other things out there geared for runners, but so far this is what I have found to be helpful to me.  And I still just run in Tshirts and shorts - no special clothing for me.  Although I hear the UnderArmor stuff is good for when it gets cold.  I'm going to be outside as much as I can, so that might be helpful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment