Saturday, August 14, 2010

Jogging Tip 2

MUSIC!

When I first started jogging I mostly listened to podcasts.  I was, at the time, well and currently I suppose, addicted to the show Lost; and enjoyed listening to podcasts about said show.  Unfortunately the show ended forever in May. (bittersweet)  So that was also an end to the endless stream of Lost podcasts.  (My favorite show is still going - just not as frequently - and they are starting a rewatch in Septemeber - Yay!)  Annyways - back on topic.  So I was out of podcasts and decided to listen to some music.  What a difference!  I couldn't believe how much of a difference it really did make.  I listen to a Pandora station with dance, techno, house, and trance - so stuff with a pretty heavy bass beat.  The music seems to push me forward sometimes.  Maybe it's the band nerd coming out - I have to stay "in step" with the music. :) 

Maybe this a pretty obvious thing, but I really never realized how much of a difference it would make.  I even think it is better than running in front of the TV. 

3 more tips to go - then I will stop yapping about this jogging thing.  For a little while anyways. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment