Monday, August 16, 2010

Jogging Tip 4

Edited to add links and fix spelling mistakes.

Good Programs

One thing that has really helped me stay motivated are the programs I use on my phone.  I have used Endomondo and Cardio Trainer.  I really like them both.  Endomondo is found on just about any phone, whereas Cardio Trainer is just on Android (I think).  They both do about the same thing.  You start your workout and (if you have GPS turned on) it will track your route.  At the end of the workout it will tell you how far you went, how fast you went, how many calories you burned, etc.  I've found that they aren't always completely accurate with the distance, but it is usually pretty close.  I love having those stats readily available.

There is also the ability to share information - I think Endomondo especially has a large group of users who share workouts and have challenges and what not.  I'm not into that, but if you are, it would be a great tool.

Oh yes, and they are both free as well.  I think there is a paid version of both, but they don't add a whole lot more content that I've seen.

There are also many other programs out there that will do similar things, you just have to find the one that is right for you.

Now, what if you don't have a smart phone?  Take your car and find out how long the route is!  For me it helped knowing just how far I was going.  And I am sure there are sites around these interwebs that would be able to tell you what kind of mile you averaged and how many calories you may have burned if you plug the numbers in.  I love that technology has provided us with these tools!

0 comments:

Post a Comment