Thursday, January 13, 2011

A week of Nutella: Brownies

Day 4: Brownies with Nutella


This is one of my own design.  I didn't search for any recipes though, so there are probably some out there.  I had the thought of making brownies, and then another blog I follow posted a brownie recipe - so I figure it was some sort of sign.

I replaced 1/4 c of the butter with Nutella.  The nutella taste is pretty masked.  I can barely taste it, but come on, they are brownies, so they of course, are delicious.  I will definitely be making this recipe again without the nutella, because it is delicious, and very easy.  If I were to try a nutella brownie again, I think I would either replace more of the butter or make sort of a nutella surprise brownie, with a layer of nutella right in the middle.  Mmmm that sounds really good actually.

I found the recipe here: at http://jessicandesigns.blogspot.com/
You should definitely go check out her site.  She is having a giveaway once she reaches 100 followers and she is getting really close. I really enjoy her blog - and she has some great things for sale in her etsy shop!

Nutella Brownies

1 2/3 c sugar
1/2 c butter
1/4 c Nutella  (change this to butter if you want just regular brownies or up the amount for some more of that great Nutella flavor)
2 Tbsp water
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/3 c flour
3/4 c cocoa  (I actually used less- 1/2 c - because I didn't have enough - and I thought it would let the nutella flavor stand out more)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
chocolate chips to sprinkle on top (I didn't do this step)

Preheat oven to 375.  Mix sugar, butter, nutella, and water.  Add eggs and vanilla.  Mix dry ingredients together separately.  Add to sugar mix.  Pour into greased 9x9 pan.  Bake for about 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean.  I actually pulled mine out a little early, so it was very gooey in the middle - but then I accidentally left them uncovered overnight.... and now they are just perfect. :)



Tune in tomorrow for the final day of Nutella goodness.  I know a week is 7 days, but I'm going for a work week, since I started on Monday, and since I'm running out of Nutella. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment