Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A week of Nutella: Glaze

Day 2: Nutella Glaze

Today I also revisit a recipe I featured a little under a year ago - Baked Doughnuts

I noticed that I said I would make the doughnuts again, and it took almost a year for me to make them again... This time they turned out amazing.  I took them out of the oven as soon as there was a hint of tan on them.  They were definitely not the light fluffy normal glazed doughnut; they were more dense/ doughy, but so wonderful.  As they were cooking I dreamed up my next exciting thing to make with Nutella.

Nutella Glaze

I put a spoonful of Nutella in a microwavable container with a bit of milk.  Heated it in the microwave for about 25 seconds.  Used a little whisk and whisked away.  Added a bit of powdered sugar until it was a good consistency.

I had about 6 doughnut holes that I covered completely.  And coated the top of one doughnut.  (The others I treated with a cinnamon sugar dip.)



It was excellent.  I thought maybe the powdered sugar would overpower the Nutella, but not so.  It was completely wonderful.

2 comments:

  1. I looooooove nutella!! :) I want your doughnuts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will totally make you some when I am in town. Seriously, no joke.

    ReplyDelete