Monday, January 10, 2011

A week of Nutella: Hot Chocolate

I bought some Nutella on Saturday.  It's great.

I was wondering how else it could be used - besides just slathering it on some bread.

So was born this week's series:  Exciting things to make with Nutella.

I'm sure there are many ideas already running about cyperspace - and I'll search for them, but so far, I haven't had to.

Day One:  Nutella Hot Chocolate


This isn't my original idea.  I had this marvelous beverage while in Lancaster, PA at Rachel's Cafe and Creperie.  (Oh my goodness I had the best meal there, if you are ever in Lancaster, I highly recommend!!)  They have several menu items involving Nutella.

My version is this:

Make a cup of hot chocolate as you normally would only half the amount of hot chocolate mix (you probably wouldn't have to do this, but I didn't want it to be too intense.)  I also used milk.

Add a spoonful of Nutella.  Whisk away.  I actually used my little frother to help with this and it worked great.  The end result was wonderful.  Had that distinct Nutella flavor.


I'd love to hear any suggestions, please comment!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment