Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Honeydew or Pineapple

Depending on which site you look at baby girl is now as heavy as either a pineapple or a honeydew.... Not sure if I like this produce comparison - especially as the produce gets heavier and heavier...

Had to edit because I forgot to add - I'm about 33.5 weeks along - so about 6.5 to go. :)

I had an ultrasound last week.  Everything looks great.  She is definitely a girl.  Which was such a relief to see.  And as a special bonus, the tech I saw had a student with her.  They asked if I would allow her to practice a bit. Of course!!  So I got to watch baby for an extra 10 - 15 minutes.  It was great.  I also got to see one of my old Obs.  He was the one that delivered Noah and I just think he is great.  I think all the Obs up there at the Maternal Fetal Medicine office are great.  It was a little worrying to see him, because usually they just send down an ok for me to be able to go. He actually sat down and looked around a little too.  He and the tech talked a little about amniotic fluid level, and he assured her that there was adequate fluids.  So I'm assuming that's why he came down.  The tech was super too, by the way.  She was pretty no nonsense, but she told me everything she was taking measurements of, and what it did.  So very cool. According to the ultrasound measurements she is weighing about 4lbs 3oz, but it's just a guess and can be off either way.  But it seems to be a pretty average weight to me.

As for me, I've been feeling pretty good.  Well over the weekend I was feeling great.  I was out all day Friday - first to the zoo with play group and then hiking with our small group.  (There really wasn't that much hiking)  And I was feeling really good.  Didn't feel too bad Saturday either.  However, Sunday and yesterday were a different story.  I was feeling some pretty sharp pains when I would stand from sitting, and occasionally when walking.  So that was no fun.  But I took it easy and today is alot better.

I'm feeling so very useless as far as all this house stuff goes.  Jonathan is already running around moving around some things - getting ready to move all his tools over.  And I can't help at all.  I'm hoping to get a few things boxed up here and there while I'm still feeling good enough too.  I figure I can box up alot of our decorative things, and other things that we don't really use that often.

I really have some sewing things that I want to get done - I just really don't know when it is going to happen.  There are 2 in particular that I really need to get done, and really want to get done before the baby gets here, but between that and packing, I really don't know when it will happen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment