Sunday, May 8, 2011

The view from here, or the weeks of hilarity

This is what I see if I look down, my hand is where my belly starts...
At this point I usually start having days filled with discomfort and down right hilarity. Mundane every day activities have become comedy routines. Putting on socks, getting off the couch, picking something up off the floor, putting on pants, walking....
Those fluttery light kicks are no more. Now I can be sitting and WHAM I get a swift kick to the bladder (and the amusing effort to get off the couch and waddling to the bathroom immediately follows.) My whole stomach can be misshapen, lopsided. And very often there is a little rump pushing up on my ribcage.
The heartburn...is not, nor will ever be, even close to resembling humor.
And, of course, there are all sorts of new functions for this belly. Makes a great book rest when I'm reading. Phone holder when watching tv. Mug rest, food catcher, etc.
I'm not sure how it is going to get any bigger, but it will, it always does.
So things have been pretty amusing around here. I'll leave you with my favorite quote of the day from Ohlen: Mommy I love you so much. I love you more than the bees love you.
Yeah, I have no idea how much the bees love me, but I'll take it. :)
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

0 comments:

Post a Comment