Thursday, June 16, 2011

Crazy Times

So, we have a new baby.  And a new address.  Or we will after this weekend.



It has been pretty crazy.  Jonathan has been working his tail off trying to take care of everything with the move, plus keeping up with his normal job, and dealing with all the stresses of a new baby and a wife that can't help much.

I've been feeling pretty useless as far as stuff for the move goes.  I can do a little here and there, but I know immediately when I'm starting to do too much - and really I can't do a whole lot without that feeling coming on.  It is so frustrating.

I don't know what I would do without my mom.  She has taken off a couple days this week to help pack things up and take care of the boys.  She has gotten so much done!!  I try to help out a little, but like I said, I can't do much yet.  I can tell I'm starting to heal, and I really have to watch myself or I will go backwards.

I am so excited to be in our new place.  It is definitely a bit smaller, but there are so many things there that we don't have here.  We will have much more closet space (although, we are losing a basement).  There are just little nice things here and there.  Like a built in medicine cabinet on the sides of the bathroom mirror.  A lovely pantry type unit that is just itching to be filled with all our food and canning supplies.  Plus there are all new appliances.  OH and a kitchen faucet with a sprayer.  And a corner shower with a rain fall head thing that I can't wait to try out.  Just some little things to excite me. :)

We are currently waiting on some inspections to happen - and then we will be free to officially move in.  We have to be out of our current house by Monday.

Actually typing that out kind of makes me sad.  I am going to miss this place.  We've done so much here.  Our kids have been through some major milestones here.  So many of the little things about this place we did ourselves, and that is hard to leave behind.  I'm guessing there will be some tears shed the last time I am here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment