Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Goodbye House

This weekend we said goodbye to our house of 5 years.  I took some last pictures, and realized that most everything I had taken pictures of were things that Jonathan had built himself.  (Well, with some help. :))

I think that is one of the best things we will take from our time at that house.  We learned so much there.  We grew our family there. We watched our kids grow.  I learned about gardening and canning and much more.

But the great thing is - we don't leave that stuff behind.  We just leave behind the place the learning happened.  I was surprised at how easy it was to leave.  And how easy it is to settle into this new house.  Where we will learn a whole new set of things.  Where we learn all about what it is like to have a girl.  What it is like to have family as close neighbors.  We'll learn more about landscaping and gardening and building.  I can't wait.  And can't wait to share all we do to our new place.

Before I post the pictures, I do want to acknowledge the one thing that we will miss the most.  Our neighbors.  There were several kids right close by that Ohlen loved to play with.  It was a great set up.  They had a lot of fun together, and now we've left.  I can't imagine moving your kids when they are in school and have lots of friends established.  I'm hoping they will still get to see each other here and there.  And actually Ohlen is attending Bible School with one set of neighbors.  And I will probably buy eggs from our one neighbor too - it is nice that we've only moved about 5 minutes away.  It will be really strange to someone else's car in "our" driveway.  Maybe then it will sink in more. :)

And now for the pictures.  Some of the things we added ourselves that I'm the most proud of.





0 comments:

Post a Comment