Thursday, June 2, 2011

Ok, I get it now

I never understood when other women complained about the last month of pregnancy.  Sure it wasn't like I was out running 5Ks with the first two at this point (Yes, there are women that do that - and yes, I do believe they are certifiably crazy), but I certainly wasn't miserable.

This time is different.

This time there is pain, discomfort, other things that no one wants to hear or know about.  It is miserable.

Well, some of the time.

I've been finding myself being sort of a Debbie Downer lately.  Not just about the miserable state of not being able to walk across the house without pain; it has seeped into just about everything.  My patience level is at a pretty remarkable low.

Ohlen is the one that suffers from this the most, I think.  Because being 4.5, he is pretty sure he knows just about all there is to know about the world.  And that really requires a whole lot of patience from a mom. When you hear your 5th "How do you know that??" by 8am, you know your patience levels are going to be tested.  But, my goodness I love this kid.  The rest of the million words that have come out of his mouth from the moment he has woken up have probably been highly amusing, and there has probably been some loving in there too for each of us.

So my goal for trying to beat this negativity has been to try to think of 2 good things for every complaint that comes to mind.

It is SO HOT!  1. We have air conditioning units in the house, and working air in the van    2. We aren't dealing with devastating floods or tornadoes.

I wish I could walk   1. Only 11 more days (or less)   2. Little girl seems to be perfectly healthy

It has really been quite the exercise to follow and remember, but it has been good.  And really I've turned around alot of the negativity in the past couple days simply by stopping asking her to come now.  I was so anxious for her to come over the weekend.  Finally I had to put my foot down and tell myself that I was being a little ridiculous.  So my prayers have been changed.  Now I'm just asking for a wonderfully smooth delivery, whenever she is ready. I do however, have an end date.  The Dr. will be inducing labor on June 13th if she doesn't decide to come by then.  That is another topic for another post.

Sorry for another pictureless post, I know those are always more fun. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment