Thursday, June 16, 2011

June 7th

She is here!!  Actually she's been here for over a week now.  It's been a tad crazy around here.  But anyways --- Introducing Katherine Lane.  Born on June 7th. She weighed 6lb 14oz and measured 19 inches long.


Some interesting trivia about her birth date:  Ohlen was born on the 6th, Noah on the 5th, and now Katherine on the 7th....  All different months, but still - my kids like being born in the first of the month apparently.  Also, my dad's birthday is May 24th, mine is exactly a week later on the 31st, and Katherine's is exactly a week after mine on the 7th.  :-D



I woke up Tuesday early morning around 1:30 with regular contractions.  We got the hospital around 2:45.  Because I had taken my evening Heparin shot, I was unable to get an epidural.  Ouch.  I had gone natural with Ohlen too, so I was somewhat prepared, but it certainly wasn't the restful pain free delivery I had imagined. :)  As with the boys, I progressed quickly.  She was born at 5:59am - so approximately 4 and 1/2 hours after I woke up.  So even though I had to go natural, it was at least a quick delivery. And I did get some IV pain meds - Nubane.  It didn't take away the pain, but it did take it down a bit.



So far she has been an excellent baby.  Mostly sleeping and eating. She's not very fussy.  That has been such a blessing.  With everything going on right now (another post coming on that.) we feel so incredibly blessed that she has been so laid back.



The boys love their little sister.  Ohlen is completely in love.  Noah thinks everything she does is hilarious.  He has shown a twinge of jealousy here and there, but mostly has been very happy to have his sister here.

Not so thrilled about her hat.


It is still sinking in that we have 3 kids now.   And one of them is a girl. :)  Again, I'm amazed at how much love you can have for a tiny little person - and without having to borrow any love from anyone else.  It's like with the Grinch - you're heart just grows a little more.  :)  And the same with my brain.  It's like I have a little section of brain designated for each of my kids.  Although, I don't think my brain grows for this one - I think I just lose a little normal brain power. :)  (Some of the penguins are lost.)

1 comment:

  1. I miss those pengiuns! Somehow I lose them without having children. :) haha

    ReplyDelete